Truth Or Lie - Lynn Lorenz 3 1/2 - 4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Travis is a firefighter who thinks he is dumb, he barely made it through high school and doesn’t think he is smart enough for the cute teacher who teaches his nephew Rusty. Anthony is a second grade teacher who knows when people are lying. When he meets Travis he is impressed with the man and asks him out for coffee, but Travis is wary because everyone seems to lie but he discovers trust has to go both ways and now both men have to take a leap of faith.

This is a really sweet cute story that had some really touching sweet moments. Travis might be good looking and have street smarts but he doesn’t have many book smarts, when he meets Anthony he is instantly attracted but thinks the teacher is out of his league. Anthony is sick of boyfriends lying to him and has just about sworn off men when he meets Travis, a man who is completely honest about himself he takes a chance and asks Travis out and they instantly hit it off. But, honesty is demanded by both of them and when Anthony confesses his secret Travis reacts badly and if he wants to stay with Anthony he is going to have to believe it is the truth.

I found this story to be sweet and cute and a wonderful feel good light read, I loved Anthony and Travis but Travis was my favourite character. He was just so completely honest and open and was so wonderful with his nephew, he about broke my heart with the scene in the classroom when he talked about Rusty’s dad. Anthony is great as well, he never looks down at Travis and even offers him help when Travis admits the problems he had in school. Travis and Anthony were really hot together and other than the bump in the road when Anthony admits his secret they were perfect for each other. While I really enjoyed this story I have to admit that it would have been even better if both characters hadn’t picked themselves apart constantly, it wasn’t needed other than the first time to explain their lack of confidence in themselves, and while I found the paranormal aspect to be interesting it didn’t really add anything to the story other than a bit of conflict and angst.

I will recommend this to those who love cute kids, great characters, hot sex, two men coming together in honesty and a very happy ending.