Redemption of the Beast - Amylea Lyn 4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

This story is part of a series and must be read in order. Sashan has stayed clear from the Katrian village out of shame, only going back when he has to or to check up on his mate Micah, the mate he feels deserves better. Micah has wanted Sashan for as long as he can remember, but the big Katria always avoids him, so now Micah decides to take fate into his own hands. When Micah is kidnapped and severely injured Sashan has to face his fears and accept what fate has offered him.

This is a fantastic continuation of Outside The City, it begins 15years after the Dome has fallen and stays with the storyline of the Outsiders and the City Dwellers, and giving us added information about the truth behind the City. Micah has longed for Sashan since he realised he liked boys, now 21 his brother Lucah convinces him to provoke Sashan into a reaction, but it doesn’t work out as planned and Micah is kidnapped. Sashan has steered clear of Micah because he feels tainted by his past, when Micah is taken he has to put aside his fears and claim Micah as his mate, having to trust in Micah not to turn from him. The kidnapping reveals a traitor in their midst’s and a secret that shakes the foundations of all the Outsiders.

I loved this story, not only do we get to see previous books characters; it also introduced new characters in the shape of the Wolfric shifters, and gives us a surprising twist near the end which opens us the storyline to the Wolfric shifters as well. Micah is a wonderful character who suffers greatly in this story; Sashan is the typical alpha male, thinking he is protecting those he loves with his distance, but both characters together can heal each other from their pasts. They are hot together, complement each other in personalities and troubled with their own fears but determined to do what is best for the other

I really enjoyed the storyline, plot and surprises thrown our way, I found the addition of the Wolfric clan wonderful and I think they complement the Katria wonderfully, I am hoping to see more of them in the future… maybe a story for Alpha Jethoro *pretty please*. This storyline has become more evolved which means that we can expect some more wonderful books in this series… at the least I expect Lucah’s and maybe Callum’s stories, with the hope of others **chants* Jethoro, Jethoro Jethoro*.

I recommend this to those who love shifters, science fiction, surprise twists, hot sex, great characters, danger, soul searching and a very happy ending that leaves us with a hint of the next book.