Jack (Leech, #2) - James   Crawford 4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

This story is part of a series and must be read in order. Jack was the swim team captain at school before everything fell apart, now he is just trying to survive with his sister, Jillian, after losing Caleo, his grandmother, his house and well just about everything. Dealing with attacks is hard, discovering Caleo might be alive drives him to try and find him, but danger lurks everywhere and rescuing Caleo is much harder than he thought, but getting Caleo back is all he can think of.

This story picks up three months after the end of [b:Caleo|11281950|Caleo (Leech, #1)|James Crawford|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1364765509s/11281950.jpg|16209170] and is Jack’s story. Jack is still reeling over the loss of Caleo, he never got the chance to tell Caleo how he really felt about him and now he never will. But, when Jack is visited by Caleo’s ghost and is convinced to return to their old high school, it leads to a discovery that has Jack determined to find Caleo and tell him how he really feels. Jack has quite the adventure in this story, rescuing captured humans and dealing with Leeches and he also has to deal with his own jealousy and getting through to Caleo.

I really enjoyed this story and having it from Jack’s POV, seeing his grief and regrets and then his joy and confidence, his jealousy and his strength showed how much of a well-rounded character he was. The storyline is again action pack with danger and angst, it also has loss and anger as well as hope. Nolan returns and we also see Steve again and we finally get to meet Alix, and discover just how twisted some of the Leeches have become. With this story we see how humans come together to survive the hardships thrown at them, crawling out of the ashes to rebuild. I won’t delve further into the book, but if you read [b:Caleo|11281950|Caleo (Leech, #1)|James Crawford|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1364765509s/11281950.jpg|16209170], then you won’t want to miss this book.

I have to recommend this if you love Young Adult stories, paranormal, danger, angst, young love, humour, capture, escapes, death and anger. And, with an ending that leaves us panting for the next book Nolan.