Until Forever Comes - Cardeno C. 4 1/2 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

This story is part of a series and can be read in any order. Ethan is twenty and has never shifted, he’s grown weaker by the year and suffers from unexplained pain. Deciding that he wants to accept death on his own terms he goes with some pack mates to town to hunt down vampires, instead of dying though he realises that bleeding out released his wolf and that Miguel, the big badass vampire is his mate. Miguel is over four hundred years old, he has no interest in playing nice and when crossed is vicious, his thirst for blood is strong and is only getting stronger. When Miguel crosses paths with wolf shifter Ethan he is puzzled by the shifters reaction to him and when Ethan keeps turning up Miguel gives in to his attraction, but with shifters and vampires hating each other they have opposition to face.

This is a brilliant story that tells us the tale of Miguel and Ethan who we met briefly in [b:Wake Me Up Inside|15760973|Wake Me Up Inside (Mates, #1)|Cardeno C.|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1342757827s/15760973.jpg|21461431]. This story begins just over fifty years before [b:Wake Me Up Inside|15760973|Wake Me Up Inside (Mates, #1)|Cardeno C.|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1342757827s/15760973.jpg|21461431] with a young Ethan who has been shunned by his pack because he is different. Never having shifted and being weak Ethan can’t believe it when he wakes up the morning after the vampire attack, not only is he still alive but he is a wolf and has never felt stronger and he has found his mate. Miguel is in town to buy land but since he has been in town his thirst for blood has grown, meeting Ethan confuses him because Ethan is a wolf and Miguel wants him, his blood smells wonderful but shifter blood is poisonous, and why does Ethan say they are mates?

Miguel and Ethan are wonderful characters, Ethan with his simple needs and plain words and Miguel with his badass attitude and need to protect Ethan. I can’t tell you how much I adored Ethan and his easy attitude, his willingness to forgive others and how he wraps Miguel around his little finger without even trying. I loved Miguel’s take no crap attitude and how, when he accepted his feelings for Ethan, he would do anything for him even when it goes against what he wants to do. I loved the easy storyline that has just a smidge of danger and the sex is hot and they are made for each other in every way, it just warms you up seeing them together.

The storyline is great and we learn a lot more about the world the paranormals live in, when they were even further removed from humanity and when the animosity between vampires and shifters was high. This story is an easy read with just a touch of danger from jealous vampires, Ethan and Miguel are this story, their coming together, being perfect for each other and providing just what the other needs, both of them helping to save the pack even when they turn their back on Ethan and the discovery that not all wolves have shifter mates and that true mates could be anywhere or anyone.

I recommend this story to all those who love shifters and vampires, a great love story, hot sex, a touch of danger, a pissed off vampire and a very wonderful happy ending.