Loving Luki Vasquez  - Lou Sylvre 4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

This is a hard review to write because while I thought this book was great and the storyline good when I got to the end I felt unfulfilled, like there was something missing or unresolved.

Sonny is a weaver or as he tells Luki he “plays with string and yarn”. He is socially inept with strangers and comes across as gruff and a bit smart mouthed. Luki owns a security company and is just as inept with people and comes across as cold and mean. They both hide behind their armor to protect their hearts.

These two guys seem so different but they seem to connect on a level which is just for them. They both have a ways to go in the romance stakes even with each other but they both pick up on little things about the other that anyone else would miss. The romance between them is sweet if a little rusty and they somehow manage to fall for each other and I must admit after the first few times that they meet you do wonder if they will ever get their act together.

The mystery and suspense are great, it has you looking for clues in every word that is said and wondering why. Why is someone doing this to Sonny? Why can’t they find anything? Why does it seem to drag on? and then suddenly everything happens at once. The scenes near the end will have you nibbling on your fingernails and praying that it works out.

The descriptions of the surrounding areas are detailed and draw you in and in some scenes you feel like you could be there and the secondary characters are great as they do add to the story. The emotions that all the characters have carry clearly from the page and sometimes you can actually feel that ice mask falling back into place.

I recommend this book to those who love Mystery/Suspense and awkward men fumbling with romance.