The Holy Trinity - Jane Wallace-Knight 4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Jackson is a wolf shifter and he has been with his vampire lover, Alek, for fifty years, both men know that one day Jackson will find his mate, but they are enjoying their relationship to the fullest until that time. Sam has always had the feeling that he is different, he never knew who his parents were and has grown up in foster care, when he meets Jackson and Alek he begins to discover just how different he really is. Alek is prepared for the worst when Jackson discovers his mate, Sam, but Sam isn’t a normal human and Alek finds that maybe fate has blessed him as well as Jackson.

This is a great new paranormal series that loves to surprise. Sam has always known that he is different, he knows things about people that he shouldn’t and can sense how a person feels, but he keeps it hidden. Sam is close to only a few people, his foster mother Rita, his foster brother Kieran and his cat Al, so when Sam meets Jackson and Alek he isn’t sure why he is so drawn to them. Jackson and Alek have had fifty years together, but that doesn’t stop Alek from great sadness when Sam enters their lives and Jackson might be overjoyed at finding his mate but he doesn’t really want to lose the vampire he loves. All three together must work through what they could have together and Alek also might just have answers to Sam’s unasked questions, Sam also comes to the rescue of a pack member which leads to a huge surprise.

I really enjoyed this story with its compassionate characters, intriguing storyline and exciting discoveries. Sam’s parents are a mystery and we slowly discover the truth of who they were, we discover that Jackson’s pack is more like a family and that Alek is well loved by all. Sam is an amazing character and his compassionate nature is wonderful, Jackson and Alek are hard to separate but both men are protective and loving. The storyline digs into Sam’s beginnings and his true nature, we also see Sam come to the rescue of one of the pack, risking his own life to protect a loved one. Alek, Jackson and Sam are really hot together, they just burn up the sheets (and the office) and their love is sweet and passionate.

I recommend this to those who love shifters, vampires, a human who doesn’t know who he really is, a touch of mystery, hot explosive sex, danger and a shocking surprise.