Man In The Mirror - A.J. Llewellyn, D.J. Manly 4 1/2 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

This story is part of a series and must be read in order. For four years Aaron and David have had a fantastic loving relationship, they might have started out rocky but they are on solid ground now. Running a B & B is hard work but Aaron wouldn’t change a thing, David is still a personal trainer and he misses him when he is away but they are living a life in paradise. Randy has set his plans in motion, he has waited four years to take his life back and no one and nothing will stand in his way.

H-o-l-y c-o-w, you could have knocked me down with a feather when I started reading this book, damn I never saw that coming at all. When I finished Mirrors I thought the story was wrapped up beautifully, but, cracking open this book, I realised that I had been hoodwinked. This story opens up with Randy ending the life he has lived for four years so he can embark on his planned new life, he ties up loose ends and sets off to integrate himself in Aaron and David’s lives. Aaron and David begin to fall apart as insinuation and manipulation manoeuvre them like pawns on a chess board. Rumours, bad reviews and cancelations have them wondering just who has it in for them, but when David receives a package Aaron knows just who it must be.

This is a fantastic story that surprises and thrills us, it holds us in suspense as we follow the story and see the manipulations of a twisted man begin to wear a loving couple down. We are left with a trail of bodies, terrible rumours and a man hell bent on getting what is his and to hell with what he has to do to get it. Aaron and David’s relationship is wonderful, it is strong, passionate and sexually charged, and they have a hot sex which is loving and passionate. There are a couple of times that you really do worry that Randy has got his wish in driving them apart but the suspense is brilliant.

I have to recommend this to those that love suspense, devious minds, loving couples facing challenges, hot sex, a brilliant storyline and a great ending that you weren’t sure you were gonna get.